Wednesday, April 2, 2008

...Advice from "Pat"

...I had to take Olivia to the Dr. on Monday for a makeup shot that they were out of a few months ago...

While we were walking out of the Building, it was a little windy, and there was a "Pat". (You know the SNL character that you don't know whether its Male or Female) Well Pat told me "Cover him up, its too windy out here Geez!"
... Then I told "Pat" SHE doesn't like her head to be covered up"
(mind you my daugther had a pink bow on her head and I was holding her in a pink & purple blanket)
Nolan said it was a woman, but I still think it was a "Pat"

...Last time I checked I don't take advice from someone that I can't tell whether they are Male or Female!
Thanks anyway PAT!

5 comments:

Shar said...

I hate when people give me unsolicited advice about my kid. Like when this lady at Target said if I left my blanket over my carrier, my baby would suffocate and die. Thanks lady. He's still alive.

Vanessa said...

Everyone else knows best don't they...ya gotta love it!

Bond Fam said...

I hate it when people tell me to cover up MY child. Besides, that babies have the same body temperatures as we do and I have asked my doctors opinion on this because so many people are always telling me to put a eskimo suit on my son. My doctor said that if you feel warm enough without a jacket on then your baby will be fine too, and if you feel cold then your baby is cold, duhhhh they arent any different then we are, stupid people. So right on Megan, you know whats right for your child and nobody else knows what is better!

{Erica} said...

loved this post! So a few months ago I was in target and waiting in the check out line and i felt a tug on my pony tail....keep in mind i have THICK LONG HAIR...so it literally looked like a pony's tail...anyway, felt the tug and turn around to some old lady scowling at me and telling me the following " you should do something worth while with your hair ..why don't you cut it all off and donate it to cancer patients!" WHAT THE???!!! I'm a sassy girl to be sure, but I was so mad and too shocked to think of anything so I just turned back around and went about checking out....grrrrr!! I have a TON of stories like this one...being in the midwest and polynesian I get a lot of weird comments...

love the PAT analogy!

Brittany said...

This post is hilarious! There are so many witty things I could say, but none of them would suffice. All I know is that 6 weeks after giving birth, I feel like a Pat half of the time wearing my husband's clothes.