Wednesday, April 27, 2011

... Caught up with Life


... Okay, Okay, Okay!

I know I have been M.I.A for the last few months. Winter was long and boring. Our lives consisted of staying home, watching movies and maybe breaking out the sewing machine here and there. The girls have grown like weeds!

Clara turned 1 on Monday (4/25). I can't believe it! I am in such denial! I am the loser mom that didn't buy her birthday present till Saturday. Don't judge me! She is so sweet, I just love her to death. If she had an ounce of chub on her I would squeeze it and kiss it. But she doesn't, so I will just squeeze and kiss her little bird legs! She isn't walking (phew!) yet, she is a speedster crawler! She has a new found love for baby dolls. She always has 1 in her arms or nearby. Don't try and pry them out of her fingers either, but you will see a real temper! My dad has got her addicted to Rice Krispies (that's my girl) and Dr. Pepper (don't judge us!). Despite Clara being tiny she can flat out put the food away. There are many meals where she out eats Olivia, no joke! Clara is so sweet, I am totally smitten with her sweet face and big toothy grin!

Olivia, oh Olivia! Well she is 3! Enough said right?! She has tested her limits to the end and back again! There have been many days were I was ready to put her up for sale on Craigslist. But oh I love her! The things she says crack me up! She tells me at least once a week that she wants me to work and for her daddy-o to stay home with her and Clara! No joke! I have deemed myself as the Wicked Witch of the West and am proud of it! She loves to read, play beauty shop with anything that has hair, and still love Tink! Though her new found loves are Strawberry Shortcake and Tangled! She is already planning her 4 birthday of what kind of party she wants to have! Olivia is Miss Independent to a T! ( I totally deserve her) I have had so much fun seeing things thru her eyes. It makes me re-learn to appreciate the small things. She loves to sing and sing and sing often at the top of her lungs!


Me, Well I am still me! I still find peace in sitting down in front of my sewing machine. It is seriously my happy place. My mind is constantly going of what my newest creation is going to be. The problem is not having enough time in the day! So I have been trying to talk Nolan into building me a craft shed where I can escape anytime and lock the door. He isn't on board yet!

Nolan is busy, busy, busy (who isn't though). Work, church and school keep him pretty booked up. We cherish our time with him! He has worked is little booty off the last few months putting up fencing. Landscaping is a pain! But it looks so nice! Softball starts soon and we all are excited to spend evening cheering on our dad! Well, I am looking forward to chatting it up with the ladies I haven't seen in a year!

So as of May 1st my goal is to post at least once a week! Maybe more?! But hopefully not less! Just for fun here are my sweet girls on Easter! I just love them!

3 comments:

Landon and Dana said...

Cute little gals! They are getting so big!

Unknown said...

Meg is this really you? Are you feeling okay? Or did someone hack into your blog?

Jessica Cockrell-Finch said...

Yeah you are back!!!! well I am lucky cause I get to at least see you every fw months and hopefully more for the planning!!!