Tuesday, April 29, 2008

...Weekend Smeekend!

Our weekend was sooo fun! Nolan decided to take ALL day Friday off! YAY!! I was so pumped! I was going to put him to work in the house cleaning bathrooms, floors, cleaning out the fridge, scrubbing baseboards...etc. while I sat on the couch eating Bon-Bons (right Jeremy?!). Then he told me his plan and I couldn't think of anything better to do! I love when my husband has good ideas! So this is what we did...
...We drove to Cortez CO to look at Campers (we are in the market for a BIGGER one!)
...then drove over to Durango CO to have some lunch (Yummy Steamworks!) and do some downtown shopping
...While we were shopping I found the coolest thing ever for Olivia. I have been shopping on-line for a Baby Carrier. I wanted a wrap style, but Nolan thought it was a little on the girly side. After talking to a friend she bought a wrap and loved it for her little guy! So while in Durango they had what I had been looking at on-line! It's a Moby!

...So we tried it out...and Nolan liked it! So we got one! Olivia loves it! It's a little hard to get used to and figure out how to wrap it just right. Thanks Heather! (where's your Blog?)

(side note: Last night while we were at Softball practice, I had Olivia wrapped up in it facing out and a lady pointed out to everyone on her team that I was smothering my child. Was she quiet...NO! Was I annoyed...YES!Keep your opinions to yourself!)
....Saturday, Nolan had an Elder's Quorum Service Project... so Olivia & I did Laundry. Then we went over to visit Manda & Kids.Came home for a nap...Nolan planted grass seed (I did help!)

(our yard is a work in progress)
...While next door Jeremy & Manda started digging the foundation for their house! YAY!! Watching my dad on a Backhoe was pretty funny! Good job Guys!

(not much now..but will be soon!)

...For dinner I made yummy Gumbo, to fill our empty bellys! Yum-O! Then we were able to hang out for a while at Grandpa & Grandma Stewarts!

What a GREAT weekend it was! Thank goodness for HARD Working Husbands!

What did you do fun over the weekend?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay for my big dirt hole!

kendra said...

Thanks for sharing all the exciting news! We miss you guys!